Yoga is a famous physical activity in recent times because people are more concerned about physical and mental well-being. The origin of yoga was in India, and it was famous in the early twentieth century. It’s the spiritual benefits of humans and the best solution to control our stress and anxiety.
There are many postures in yoga. Specifically, these are some easy, low-competition poses for beginners. This article helps to gain some knowledge about yoga poses for optimal health. Keep reading!
1. Pose #1: Legs Up the Wall / Viparita Karani
Viparita Karani’s yoga position gives plenty of benefits, and people do it in a relaxed mood. It is one of the easiest poses and can be tried by everyone and is a suitable time for morning or sleep time exercise.
1.1 Step-by-step instructions.
- First, sit on the floor facing the wall.
- You should lower your head and shoulders to the floor.
- Next,stretch your legs up the wall.
- Scoot your tailbone towards the wall to adjust the position.
- Keep your palms turned up and relax both your arms and shoulders.
- Relax your legs against the wall.
- Now, breathe for at least 10 minutes.
- Bend your knees and roll into your side to come out of the post.
- Finally, push yourself back to be seated.
- Improve the blood circulation of your body
- Get rid of lower back pain
- Reduce headaches and migraines
- Give a peaceful sleep when you do before bed
- Maintain the quiet mind
2. Pose #2: Cat-Cow Stretch / Marjaryasana – Bitilasana
This simple pose in yoga prevents many issues belonging to the spinal cord. It is the best solution to keep you calm without stress.
2.1 Step-by-step instructions
- Keep your ankles directly beneath shoulders and hips directly above knees.
- Keep your toes untucked.
- Take a deep breath and lift the sit bones up to the ceiling.
- Roll your shoulders back and down.
- Stay for 2-3 breaths and round your spine to tuck the sit bones under.
• Relax your abdominal muscles
• Increase your blood circulation in the body
• Prevent the anxiety
• Reduce your back pain
• Maintain the posture and balance of your body
3. Pose #3: Knees to Chest / Apanasana
This is a classic yoga position and gives plenty of benefits to you. This is used to remove the toxin from your body and reduce muscle problems.
3.1 Step-by-step instructions
- Lay your back and extend your legs by keeping arms alongside the body.
- Hug your knees into your chest and keep your hands around the front of them.
- Grab your opposite elbow by the opposite hand.
- Lengthen the neck after tucking the chin slightly.
- Keep your shoulders away from ears and broaden your collar bones.
- Gently rock back and forth or from side to side.
- Exhale and extend your legs. Bring the hand alongside your body to release.
• Help to prevent the problems belonging to the o digestive tract
• Reduce lower back pain
• Improve the blood circulation of your body
• Reduce the stress
• Increase the spinal posture of your body
4. Pose #4: Bridge Pose / Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
This is a preparatory posture of yoga to calm your stress, anxiety, and insomnia. The bridged pose is the ending position of the yoga to warm down your body.
4.1 Step-by-step instructions
- First, lie on your back and bend your knees.
- Extend your arms long to each side of your body and spread your feet to hip-width distance.
- Press down through your feet and hands to lift your hips.
- Tuck your chin slightly towards the chest.
- Interlace your hands behind the back.
- Relax your muscles and glutes.
- Then keep your hips lifted.
- Slowly, lower your hips to release.
• Increase the digestion of the food
• Stimulate the metabolism of the body
• Get rid of menstrual pain for women
• Improve flexibility in the muscle
5. Pose #5: Cobbler’s Pose / Baddha Konasana
This is a mandatory posture for beginners in yoga and the simplest step with several benefits.
5.1 Step-by-step instructions
- Bend your knees and let your feets to touch together.
- Draw your feet closer to the body as comfortable.
- Press the outer edges of your feet strongly together.
- Hold your big toes by hands to encourage.
- Keep your shoulders blade on back and sit up with a long spine.
• Give mind relax to you
• Provide a smooth mind for pregnant women
• Increase the blood circulation of your body
• Maintain the blood pressure level
• Prevent tightening of the abdomen and fat accumulation in the belly
6. Pose #6: Locust Pose / Salabhasana
This is the easiest pose for beginners with many benefits and increases your body’s energy. This particular position is used to open up your lungs, and you can breathe well. Pregnant women cannot try this posture.
6.1 Step-by-step instructions
- Lie on your stomach as arms down by your side.
- Extend your legs straight back as the top of your feet is pressed into the mat.
- Let your forehead rest naturally and roll the shoulders down and back.
- Then inhale first and lift your head, chest and arm up.
- Then, stretch through the fingers and slowly turn your hands as the thumbs point down.
- Now, exhale and lift your legs off the mat.
- Hold this pose for about 3-5 breaths and release.
• Maintain the belly fat and shape up the abdomen
• Give strength to the uterus for women and the reproductive system
• Maintain the normal period cycle for women
• Increase the strength of back muscles
• Prevent the constipation problem
Yoga is the best meditation process in the world which increase the physical fitness and also the mental health of human. Yoga gives solutions to almost every problem to humans. You can try these easy postures, and it is simple for beginners. Stay fit and healthy!